7 Reasons Why New Creation Daylilies
Are the Perfect Perennials
1. These ladies are tough! They thrive in zones 3 to 9—that’s coast to coast and border to border—and in most soil types. They are tolerant of short-term drought & wet areas (as long as they drain away), and they resist most garden pests and diseases.
2. Their beauty will add pizzazz to the curb appeal of your home when integrated into your landscaping design, and they’ll make your garden pop with color year after year.
3. Some cultivars—especially the darker purples, burgundies, and rusts—tolerate partial shade locations, while those with lighter colors do well in both sun and partial shade.
4. Daylilies are fun to play with. Many home gardeners like to try their hand at hybridizing to develop their own new creations. Through such experimentation, we now have an extensive variety of daylily cultivars, including patterned eye, sculpted, toned eye & edge, round flower forms, ruffled & toothy edged petals, and evening bloomers.
5. Daylilies are butterfly magnets. The beautiful insects alight and linger to savor the nectar. Since butterflies are major pollinators, they are always welcome.
6. The gardener who chooses his cultivars wisely can have daylilies abloom from late spring through early autumn. Some varieties even do one or more encores after the first wave of blooms.
7. Daylilies play nice with other plantings. Depending on the varieties chosen, some stand tall to form a dramatic backdrop, while other shorter cultivars can form a dense frontal border or line a walkway.
For a change of pace, consider a monochromatic garden. For example, lime or chartreuse cultivars add a bright element and texture to a peaceful green garden of ornamental grasses, foliage plants and other green florals—from sage to blue-green and everything in between. A yellow-orange garden screams summer and backyard barbeques. Daylilies, the floral fireworks of any garden, offer infinite choices of yellow, orange, peach, and tangerine blooms.
Few flower species even come close to daylilies in their range of hues and varieties. That means that if you decide to design monochromatically-themed garden, you’ll have plenty of daylily cultivars from which to choose, so give your imagination free reign! Need some help? That’s what we’re here for.
When you purchase plants from New Creation Daylily farm, you can rest assured that you’re getting quality cultivars from expert growers. Tell us your needs, and we’ll help you select just the right varieties for your project and location. We’re here also to offer planting and growing advice to get your garden off to a great start and keep it thriving.
We add new hybrids every year, so make a visit to New Creation Daylily Farm an annual summer highlight. Feel free to bring a picnic along and have lunch on the stately wooded grounds before beginning your quest for your next great daylily addition.